Monday 23 September 2013

Other Things (part one)

Even though this blog is mostly for school, Today I would like to go off topic of turf or school.. (other things). And if you have read my first post I stated that I would be talking about things like the Toronto Maple Leafs. Well today is one of those days. The reason for this is because of the game that was played between the leafs and the sabres last night. Normally if I were to write about a hockey game it would be mostly be on the outcome of the game, however today the outcome is my least concern (even tho the leafs won!). My attention is directed to the third period. with over 205 penalty minutes dived out in the game 92 of them were in the third period! it all started with leafs prospect Jamie Devane knocking one of the sabres light out. This forced the sabres to put on their tough guy Jon Scott for the next shift. however before they dropped the puck, Jon Scott and Toronto Sniper, Phil Kessel, started to shove, and without notice, the six foot 7 Scott dropped his gloves against the five foot 11 Kessel. (hardly a fair fight) Obviously the rest of the leafs on the ice stepped in and a line brawl in sued. After the lines were tired out, the fighting did not stop there. The most exciting and rare event in hockey happened...I'm talking a GOALIE FIGHT! Jonathan Bernier and Ryan Miller took off the helmets and gloves and started going at it. The main thing to remember is that this is only pre season, and that is why I am writing this post today. I am so fired up for this upcoming hockey season I didn't know where to direct my energy, but i felt like i had to write it down somewhere.After last nights kerfuffle and victory I felt like running down the halls screaming Go Leafs Go! however I kept my cool and had a mini celebration with my roommates who are also leaf fans as well. Even though I have not received any comments yet im sure people are thinking that the "leafs suck" or they are "dirty" but that is also one of my favourite parts of the game. The trash talk with other fans and just talking hockey. so please feel free to comment or send me a message, Love to talk puck!

Joe Atkinson


(Above) Jonathan Bernier pounding Ryan Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment